Follow Me

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cover Song Of The Day - Supermassive Black Hole (On Two Cellos)

I came across this tune by accident this afternoon.  I've always appreciated "classical" covers of modern songs.  Whether it be Apocalyptica covering Metallica, or the extensive series of Vitamin String Quartet albums, it's interesting to hear someone put a different spin on one of your favorite songs.

Today's cover comes from 2Cellos.  On their latest album, they cover Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole'.  What took me by surprise was not how well the cellists covered Muse (they're amazing), but that 'Glee's' Naya Rivera guests on vocals.  It makes a really good combination.

The official video for the song is horrid.  Extremely cheesy and corny.  And, the cellists constantly make those "WOW! I TOTALLY JUST KICKED ASS ON THAT F NOTE!" faces.  It's the same reason I stopped listening to Metallica when they got that new bass player.  That, and Metallica sucks ass, now.  The only reason I'm embedding the official video is because HOLY GLEE CLEAVAGE BATMAN....




0 comments: