Follow Me

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

'In Utero' Turns 20

Nirvana's 'In Utero' was released September 13, 1993.  It's hard to believe that I've been listening to this album longer than I haven't.  I had purchased it for the first time shortly after my 18th birthday.

I've always enjoyed listening to 'In Utero' more than 'Nevermind'.  To me, it has always sounded more refined.  The band matured greatly in the short time between the two albums.  I wonder sometimes what would have been possible had they had a chance to continue recording.



DGC Records issued the 20th Anniversary version of the album, yesterday.  It includes three CDs and a DVD, featuring the original mix of the album, along with a remix, demos, and live tracks.  I've been listening to it for the last hour or so.  If you're a Nirvana fan, I recommend it.

0 comments: