Follow Me

Monday, December 16, 2013

Mashup Monday - 2013 In Review

It's getting to be that time of the year, again.  Every year, in the last couple of weeks of December, YouTube is innundated with year-end mashups of the year's movies and music.  Most are mediocre.  Some really stand out.

I don't know what to call Gen Ip.  Is she an artist?  A master editor?  A filmmaker?  In any event, I desperately anticipate her filmography each year.  While, in my opinion, 'Filmography 2010' was far and away her best effort, her video for 2013 is quite remarkable.



When it comes to the end-of-the-year music mashups, DJ Earworm tends to have the best mix every year.  His mixes are always fluid, with the tunes that had the most radio airplay for the year.  I actually recognized most of the songs.



If you quote me on this, I'll deny it.  But....pop music this year was pretty darn good.  Between albums from Macklemore, Daft Punk, Justin Timberlake, Gaga, and Lorde, not to mention a couple of good singles from folks like Robin Thicke, radio was almost bearable in 2013.

I said almost.

0 comments: