Follow Me

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Study Finds Witnesses Can't Keep Their Members

A new report from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life was released last week which had some interesting information on Americans and religion. In it, it revealed that nearly three quarters of Buddhists in the U.S. were converts. And, only one in three Buddhists were Asian.

Most interesting to me was this tidbit: only 37% of those raised as Jehovah's Witnesses as children identified themselves as Witnesses as adults. I would be willing to say that a large chunk of the remaining 37% still call themselves Witnesses due to the fact that they're afraid to lose everything they have. It was the reason I stayed in as long as I did. I knew the things that I was preaching were wrong. I felt that I had to stay in to keep my family. I am glad to see that I am part of the 63% that was able to get out.

0 comments: