Follow Me

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Google Airs "It Gets Better" Commercial During 'Glee'

During the first commercial break of tonight's 'Glee', Google aired the following commercial.  You might want to grab a tissue.



I was fine, until Woody said, "You'll be fine, partner."  Then I lost it.  What a wonderful way of sending a message to a demographic that you know is watching the program.

Thank you Google, for realizing that sometimes there are things worth advertising that are more important than your product.

2 comments:

kate said...

Oh man, I love that. Dan Savage is my hero for this project.

Adam Black said...

I love the commercial, and am especially proud of Google for putting it together and Fox for airing it.

On the other hand, I despise Dan Savage. Yes, he did start this wonderful project that has helped thousands of teenagers. He is an icon amongst the gay community, but within the rest of the LB&T community, he's a boil on our ass that we've been trying to silence for years.

On his "advice column", he openly makes derogatory and offensive comments toward bisexuals, lesbians, transgendered people, women, heterosexuals, and overweight people. It's my opinion that deep down in Dan Savage's heart, he truly believes that it only gets better for young gay males. Thank god there were other people out there that made videos and spoke from their hearts.