Follow Me

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Smells Like Miley Cyrus

I am a child of the 80s, but I grew up in the 90s.  That being said, Nirvana had a huge influence on my life in my late teens and early twenties.

I guess Kurt Cobain had an influence on Miley Cyrus' life too.  At least, that's what she told a crowd in Quito, Ecuador, last week.  She starts to speaks to the screaming crowd.  Interesting fact about Ecuador:  the official language is Spanish.  There are actually 22 languages spoken within the country itself, none of which are English. Anyway, she's blathering on, in English, about how she's become such an inspiration to so many girls around the world, so it's only fitting that she sings a song that inspired her to get into music.

Oh, and she used to sing this song to her brother when he was a baby.

~cue 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'

I'm not expecting you to watch the whole video.  Hell, I'm not expecting you to watch it at all.  But, if you watch any of it, I'm begging you, watch between :45 and :55.  Miley does "The Elaine Dance".  If you're not familiar with the Elaine Dance, let me give you a sample.



You know, they say that when you die, you empty your bowels and shit yourself.  Last Thursday night, after being gone for 17 years, Kurt Cobain shit himself again.



WHAT THE FUCK?!?

Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter, the one who grew up to pole dance on the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards to 'Party in the U.S.A.', was influenced by Nirvana?  Doubtful.  Could it be that she heard the title 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', thought the title sounded neat, and decided to sing it, having no clue what the song is actually about?  Absofuckinglutely.

I'm just thankful that Kurt's dead.  Otherwise, I'd be posting a blog about how the lead singer of Nirvana put a shotgun in his mouth over the weekend.

0 comments: