Follow Me

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Please Help, The Stupid Hurts

I just read an article on Boing Boing, stating that the fifth most popular Osama bin Laden related search on Yahoo on May first was, "Who is Osama bin Laden?".

Oh my fucking god!  Really?!?!?  Are you kidding me?!?!?!?  According to Yahoo 66% of the searches came from people between the ages of 13 and 17.  Two things about this statistic disturb me.  One, why haven't any of these kids been taught about bin Laden?  Second, I'm assuming that the other 33% of these people that are searching Yahoo are stupid fucking adults.

Here is a snapshot of Twitter that was taken yesterday.  Interesting side note:  on Sunday night, at the time that President Obama was making his announcement,  Twitter reported that their website was receiving 5116 Tweets a second.


Americans are getting dumber by the day.  I shudder to think of our Presidential options for 2024.  

0 comments: