Follow Me

Monday, June 11, 2012

What You Can Accomplish When You Feel Good


 This is the cleanest our apartment has been since we moved in in December.  Last Thursday, we moved furniture and unpacked a stack of boxes and totes that were untouched from the time we got here.  

I have vacuumed twice since then.  At the moment, I am bored as all hell, because there isn't anything for me to do around here.  Load the washer.  Wait an hour.  Transfer it to the dryer.  Repeat.

Lately, it seems like I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the site.  First, I can't think of anything to write about.  Secondly, I have sort of forgotten how to write.  I have never written while in a good mood.  It's very strange.

My activism has suffered as well.  It's not that I'm no longer interested in the issues.  It's that I'm not angry anymore.  Not angry enough to raise hell about it, at least.  I am much more of a positive person than I ever thought I was.

Who would have thought that being healthy and happy would pose problems?  Guess I need to find a new hobby.....or a job.

2 comments:

Anonyvox said...

Maybe the world is ultimately a better place with you happy and not an activist than it would be with you unhappy. Y'know? Obviously, I'm not saying that you shouldn't take a stand for things, but maybe everyone is better off when a person finds a good spot for themselves. I kinda think so. Anyway, I did want to say that your apartment looks so comfortable! I love the big nest of pillows on the couch, and is that a Love Sac? I want one'a them reeeal bad.

Adam Black said...

You bring up a good point, Vox. I haven't thought of it in that way.

Yes, that is a LoveSac. Actually, the couch is a LoveSac brand too. The bases and sides come apart, and you're able to configure it in any way that you wish. At the moment, we have the deep, "movie lounger" setup. It's quite comfortable...and sturdy as all hell.

It's extremely convenient in the event that we move into another apartment. Depending on the layout, you may or may not be able to set up your couch in the same way you had it before. So, it gives us the ability to switch things around on the fly. Couch with a chaise on the left. Or, a chaise on the right. Or no chaise but add an ottoman. We love it.