Follow Me

Monday, January 24, 2011

Should Polyamory Be Included In The Queer Community?

Multisexual Pride brings up a good point, and, in some ways, a loaded question:
Beforehand Vocabulary:
Polyamory: is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved.
Polygamy: is a form of marriage in which a person has more than one spouse at the same time.
I think it should. I mean it’s different and is actually looked down upon by a lot of people. Even our own community just pushes polyamory away like it’s nothing. I was reading a post about this same topic and a gay man said it’s illegal and thus it can’t be included.. Polyamory itself isn’t illegal, but polygamy is.
So if I were to take these mans words, “it’s illegal and thus cannot be included” and apply that to being gay.. then being gay shouldn’t be included either because right now gay marriage isn’t legal in most areas. 
This man seems very ignorant and uneducated. But, whatever. I think polyamory/polygamy should be included, but that’s my opinion. But now: 
Do you?

0 comments: