Follow Me

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Life In The Last Decade

Looking back over the last ten years, my life has taken quite a few strange turns. I definitely would not have imagined my life being where it will be, come midnight on January 1st, 2010. I have had my share of ups and downs, most of them on a grand scale. This decade has seen me...

...become a man.

...consider suicide more times than I could count.

...care for a number of women, but fall in love with one.

...become a husband and father.

...make the greatest accomplishment of my life. She weighed only eight pounds, one ounce.

...have one family turn it's back on me and another open it's arms.

...search for faith and understand that I've had it all along.

...vote, care, and become politically active.

...become disabled.

...spend more hours in therapy than most people spend in traffic.

...realize that there are more important things in this world than myself.

...care about others around me.

...become a better person (thank you J).

...for the first time in my life, have hope in the next ten years.

Happy New Year, Everyone.

0 comments: