Follow Me

Monday, February 8, 2010

Thinking About "T"

Since writing last night about the friend of mine that died, a number of memories have come to mind. The last time I saw her was about two weeks before she died. We bumped into each other at the State Fair. Neither of us had a partner for the Zipper ride, so we rode together. I had a crush on her at the time, so to be able to spend some quality time with "the girl of my dreams" was amazing.

I thought she didn't even know my name, but she did. She was down to earth, smart and funny. After the ride was over, we went on a couple more. I never thought it was the last time I would see her. After she died, I started writing. Poetry, stories, anything that would clear my head. I don't know if I would be writing today if it weren't for her.

That afternoon on the Zipper, the song that played on the PA system was Alphaville's Forever Young. I didn't like the song then. I'm still not a fan of it to this day, but when I hear it, I'll stop and think of that afternoon with T:

0 comments: