Follow Me

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quote Of The Day



"I would want to consult with the intelligence community, the commanders on the ground in that part of the world, which I have stated before. But we should — I don’t have all the information necessary to make that decision."
- Herman Cain, responding to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's question on whether he favors a military strike against Iran.  If you remember correctly, it was during the same interview with the Journal Sentinel in which Mr. Cain said practically the exact same thing, verbatim, as to if he would have handled Libya differently than Obama.
"I need to hear the facts.  As much as possible.  I need to hear all the alternatives.  For example, you might have mentioned that, even within the administration, there were different views.  I would want to hear all of those views, look at all of the information, then I would make the decision as Commander In Chief." 
If you watch the interview, he's practically asking the reporter to fill him in on the events that took place in Libya over the last couple of months.  I'm not sure if he honestly knows if Gadhafi was a "good guy" or a "bad guy".  And apparently, he would want to get the opinion of the labor secretary and the transportation secretary to make sure they were on board with a military operation.



Oh.  One more thing.  During that interview, Cain said that a military attack on Iran would not be "practical", because the country has mountains.

That's right, we would not be able to bomb Iran's top scientific facilities or their weapons cache, because it appears that they're embedded in the mountains.  I think he's thinking of the Taliban...in Afghanistan.

0 comments: