Follow Me

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Quick Word Regarding Comments

Over the course of the last two or three weeks, I have received more than a dozen comments;  comments that I have chosen not to publish.

Every time I receive an email, telling me that I have a pending comment, I get excited.  By and large, I love reading your input.  I especially like hearing from my regular commenters. (Thanks Casey, Rachel, and Kate.)

I realize that it's considered "poor blogging etiquette" to delete any comment from my site.  Honestly, I'm really not concerned with "etiquette".  What does concern me is the outright propaganda that people regularly try to post on my page.

More often than not, the crazies come out of the woodwork when I write something about Jehovah's Witnesses.  I get more responses regarding my post about Jay-Z and JWs than anything else.  Comments tend to fall into two categories:  Crazy conspiracy theorists that think that Jay-Z (along with George W. Bush and President Obama) are part of some secret society called "The Illuminati", or Witness readers offering Bible studies and instructions on how to obtain a New World Translation Bible.

Your comments and opinions are not welcome here.

Neither are those from ex-JW nutjobs.  I'm talking to you Danny Haszard.  You spam dozens of websites a day with the same cut-and-paste comment about blood transfusions.  Your two comments have remained unchanged, word for word, for years.  In fact, 80% of the news alerts I receive from Google are from comments you've plastered on unrelated articles.  Don't bother leaving half-assed comments to further your own personal vendetta.  They'll never see the light of day.

If you do not fit into any of the three categories above, I look forward to hearing from you.

1 comments:

Anonyvox said...

Hm, I haven't had him comment on my site before, but I recognize the name from other sites. It's totally great, IMO, to have an anti-WTS bias and work to increase awareness of what a cult it is. However, you're right in that the comments aren't to contribute anything to your discussion, but to further his own agenda. Not cool.

I can't believe you didn't know Jay-Z was part of the Illuminati. And Beyonce is a cyborg, and Ivy Blue's mitichlorians are through the ROOF. The Force is strong within that one.