Follow Me

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way Home From The Psychiatrist

Jesus, sounds like a Mel Brooks movie. So...we were driving home and our gas light came on. As usual lately, we're low on gas, so we decided to stop by the QT on the way home and just put $10 in the tank to get us by the next three or four days.

My doctor had just given me two scripts to refill the medications for my PTSD and about three weeks worth of samples of a new drug to hopefully stop the "screaming" that had been going on in my head for the last few days. He was nice enough to place everything in a nice paper bag.

When we get to the gas station, I start feeling ambitious. I notice the front of our Scion is a mess. Burger King bags, empty fry containers, empty soda cups, straw wrappers.....it's disgusting. So, before I start pumping the gas, I collect all of the trash and throw it away in the bin next to the pump.

About 10 hours later...a little after midnight, I am looking everywhere for my new pills. Finally, I ask my wife, "Jess, have you seen those samples? Last time I saw them, they were in the.....floorboard...of...the...car....OH SHIT, I THREW THE MEDS AWAY!"

"What meds"?

"The fucking samples he gave me this afternoon".

"You're kidding me".

"Uh...Nope"

So...at this point, I have an interesting conversation ahead of me on Monday morning. I can imagine it now. "Before I tell you, I need you to promise me that you won't laugh........

0 comments: