Follow Me

Monday, September 28, 2009

PBS Donations

I was flipping through the channels tonight and came across the local PBS station. It said the following program was "made possible by viewers like you".

Viewers like ME? Oh nay nay.....I think not Channel Ei8ht(yes, they strategically place the 8 in there to be clever). If the channel's programs were completely funded by viewers like ME, it would be 24 hours of shows on tattoos (world culture), dogs taking a shit (nature) and let's face it, that shit's just fuckin' funny. I mean, have you ever really seen a dog take a shit? It's fucking hilarious! And, of course, I would keep 'Live From Lincoln Center' and 'Great Performances'. Over the last 20 or 30 years, I have seen some of the most brilliant works of art on those programs.

Point is, maybe there is a reason I don't watch public television all that much. My daughter watches an occasional cartoon in the morning. I occasionally watch the 'The Antique Roadshow' or 'Austin City Limits', but I realized today that because I'm an NPR person, I don't have to be a PBS person. And that's OK.....

0 comments: