Follow Me

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Songs That Get Under Your Skin, Part I

My wife and I were talking a few days ago about how there are some songs that instantly get under your skin. One for example would be 'Mad World', by Gary Jules, a cover of an old Tears for Fears song featured in the movie 'Donnie Darko'. We both instantly agreed on this one.

In 2003, Placebo covered the 1985 Kate Bush song, 'Running Up That Hill'. From the first time I heard it, I have never been able what to make of it. I think it was Blender magazine that said that Kate's version sounded like she was trying to make a deal with God. Placebo's cover sounded more like they were trying to make a pact with the Devil. It's haunting, touching, deeply moving and personal...and easily, one of my favorite songs. Enjoy.

Placebo - Running up that hill

0 comments: