Follow Me

Saturday, March 5, 2011

BAMF Of The Week

I have decided to try out a couple of new regular weekly posts and see how they go.  I originally had no intention of posting one entitled "BAMF of the Week" until I saw a two and a half minute video of an 8 year old boy from upstate New York.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term BAMF, it was coined by comedian Dane Cook a few years back.  The word BAMF is an acronym for Bad Ass Mother Fucker.  Believe me when I say that this kid fits the bill.

His name is Stevo Poulin, and there are two things about him that are for certain:  1.)  He knows how to sport a righteous mohawk, and 2.) he is a nightmare on the wrestling mat.  I have never, and I mean never, seen talent of this caliber from someone even twice his age.  It is staggering to see how easily this 8 year old boy gets himself out of holds, does reversals, and just tosses his opponents around like their nothing.  His confidence is uncanny.  It is remarkable.

Here is a montage of some of his matches in the last few months.  It's nothing short of amazing.  My two favorite segments are at the 1:35 mark where he playfully stalks his opponent...it's funny.  Then, at the 2:10 mark where he throws the other kid down like a ragdoll, and slams him, as if he's saying, "Stay down".  The other kid doesn't come back up.

Stevo has 5 or 6 compilation videos on Youtube, all listed under his name.  You may want to watch all of them on mute or low volume.  They all have very bad soundtracks.  The one below has the best music of the bunch (and it's not very good).  Consider yourself warned.



Remember the name Stevo Poulin.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in the 2020 or 2024 Olympics.  His parents must be proud.

0 comments: