Follow Me

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mash Up Monday

After a brief hiatus, we're back with a mashup from a new DJ that I, for one, am unfamiliar with.  This week's mix comes from SpareElbowSkin.  This guy, or girl,  from what I can tell, is relatively new to the scene.  Their Youtube channel has only been up and going for about 7 weeks.  And, at the time of this posting, has only had about 350 views.

This weeks mashup is so subtle, it can almost be classified as a remix.  It's a mix of Goldfrapp's 'A&E' with Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars'.  I really enjoyed it.  Not only did I appreciate the song selection, but I liked the way in which the lyrics are shuffled around on the track.  It's refreshing.

I also appreciate the fact that they included the "missing" line in 'Chasing Cars'.  It's my favorite line of the song.  In the U.S. version of the single, the bridge goes,
"Let's waste time/Chasing cars/Around our heads"
Then you hear the *bing*, and the chorus starts.  But in the U.K. and International versions, the bridge goes,
"Let's waste time/Chasing cars/Around our heads...
I need your grace/To remind me/To find my own"
Then the chorus.  In my opinion, they cut out the most touching moment of the song. But I digress.

Without further adieu, here is 'Chasing A&E Cars' (I didn't name it folks.  I'm just playing it.)

2 comments:

SpareElbowSkin said...

Hi, SpareElbowSkin here. I just wanted to thank you for your review of my mashup "Chasing A&E Cars" (yeah I know the title jars a bit!)

I only started doing mashups about 8 weeks ago and am now totally hooked.

As well as my youtube channel I am also using vimeo http://vimeo.com/spareelbowskin Although I think it's probably time to find myself a more premanent home on the web - maybe a blog :-)

For the time being, if anyone is interested in any new work I produce, you can always follow me on twitter ( @spareelbowskin )

Thanks again.

P.S. I checked in the shower this morning...I'm definitely a guy :-)

SpareElbowSkin said...

I got my act in gear and sorted myself out a blog at http://spareelbowskin.blogspot.com/ - Everyone welcome! Slowly getting existing stuff on there, new stuff as it appears. Thanks again Adam and I've linked back to your blog.