Follow Me

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Slow Week From The Daily Twitch

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you have so many things that you want to write about, but life comes along and fucks it all up for you?  Well folks, welcome to my life.

I am currently posting from room number 1215 of a hospital in the greater Phoenix area.  Earlier Monday afternoon, I collapsed a total of 4 times while out with my family.  I didn't pass out, but rather, it was if my legs forgot how to walk.  At the advice of two of my doctors, I came to the ER.  Within two hours, I was admitted.

So far, I have had an EKG, an EEG, and 2 out of a series of 6, hour long planned MRIs on my head, neck, and spine.  Nothing interesting to note.  A couple of strange things to share, though.  My potassium levels were so low, that not only did they have to give me two potassium drips, but they had to follow that up with two separate potassium supplements.

Also, for some reason, when I walked in, my blood sugar was at almost 325.  They have kept me on a diabetic and salt free diet since coming in here.  I've had over a half dozen shots of insulin.  My lowest blood sugar level was just about 15 minutes ago at 195, and that was without so much a glass of water for 6 hours.  My A1C, which tests my average blood sugar for the last three months was 9.7.  9.7 from what I'm hearing is "insulin dependent".  I'm just trying to figure out how the hell things could have changed so fucking fast.

I will try to keep you all posted.   Please keep checking back with The Daily Twitch.  Thanks.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Hope they start figuring it out. Thinking of you!

Blogger said...

Hey was just checkin on you, we miss you! Alex