Follow Me

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mashup Monday GRAMMY Edition

As most of you are aware, the GRAMMY awards were last night.  If you're Catholic, I'm sure you have already called your Congressman to call for the death of Nicki Minaj.  Seriously, the head of the Catholic League made a statement today claiming she was possessed by the Devil.

In any event, Adele was the star of the night, taking six awards.  Another surprise winner was Skrillex.  Surprise, in the fact that an electronic artist was nominated for Best New Artist.

I'll be honest, when I first heard about Dubstep six months ago, my initial reaction was, "What the fuck is Dubstep?".  A month or so later, I heard Skrillex for the first time.  My response was very similar to Hitler's below:



Last night, I was hoping to see Deadmau5 win.  I must say however, that it's a nice change of pace to see a DJ come away taking three statues for the evening.  Other than Adele, the only other artist to win more than Skrillex was Kanye West (with five), and they were for multiple projects - some with other artists.

That being said, today's mashup is brought to you by Ca7.  It's a mix of Adele's 'Set Fire to the Rain', with Skrillex's 'Kill Everybody'.  The re-imagined title is 'Set Fire to Everybody'.  Maybe it's the medication talking, but I like it.

0 comments: