Follow Me

Monday, February 20, 2012

"You're Uninvited"

A couple of days ago, Lennon and I were walking to the mailbox.  I had my cane, and Lennon was on her Tinker Bell bike.

Suddenly, she stopped pedaling.

"Daddy.  You and Mommy aren't invited to my birthday anymore."  (She turns four in May.)

"How come, Bug?"

"Because you won't buy me that dog poop toy for my birthday."

This is the toy she wants....



This is a real toy.  I'm not kidding.  A couple of months ago, she saw a commercial for it on Nickelodeon, and was instantly enamored.  Who can blame her?  It's Play-Doh dog shit.  I'll admit:  I'm almost 37 years old, and I still think the way dogs look when they poop is one of the funniest things on Earth.  If there is a god, you know he has a sick sense of humor.

Am I right?!

'Doggie Doo' is the latest in a long line of toys that Lennon has begged for.  At Christmas, it was Lite Sprites.  To this day, I still have no idea how that doll works.  She pestered us about that thing for months.  Played with it on Christmas day.  Hasn't touched it since.  The same goes for the "Ice Cream Play-Doh Maker" she received for her birthday last year.  On that one, she practically started a Change.org online petition.

Not this time.

I very politely explained to her that, even if Mommy and Daddy don't go to her birthday party, she still wouldn't be getting that toy as a present.  I told her that we had already told all of the party guests that she wasn't allowed to have that toy.  

She huffed.  Then pouted for a second, and started to ride away.

"You still can't come."

1 comments:

Shalunya21 said...

A. Your daughter is beyond adorable!

B. A dog poop toy! HECK YEAH! I can see the appeal. Wow! just wow!