Follow Me

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Politically (In)correct Nail Polish Of The Day

My wife is a nail polish fiend.  I would estimate that she currently has nearly 300 bottles tucked away in a cabinet, which was specifically purchased to hold her collection.  As you can imagine, I've seen the gamut of bizarre names to describe the color of the polish in the bottle.

You may not know this, but there are a couple of manufacturers that specialize in colors designed for men.  One of my favorite makers is Manglaze.  They're a small company out of the Chicago area.  Just a couple of people.  They hand make all of their own products, still.

A little more than a year ago, I purchased a couple of colors from them for myself.  They were both in matte finish.  So, they were in no way glossy or sparkly.  And with names like "Matte is Murder" (black) and "Fuggen Ugly" (grey), you didn't feel too girly putting them on your fingers.


Well, I'm pleased to announce that they're recently debuted their latest color:  "Santorum".  You guessed it folks.  It's brown.

God bless America.

Isn't it a lovely "mix" of tones?
And yes, the bottle does read, "For Relaxing Times, Make It SANTORUM Time."

The color name is a limited edition.  From what I have read, once they sell out of their current stock of labels, they'll be changing the name of the product.  I'm buying a number of bottles this week.  One for personal use.  The others as keepsakes.  As the presidential race goes on, the value of this product is only going to go up.

At the moment, Manglaze is redesigning their website.  You can purchase a bottle of Santorum via Amazon.  Type in the code "OCCUPYME" at checkout and get 10% off the retail price.



0 comments: