Follow Me

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autobiographical Songs Part II

Unrequited love hurts. What's worse is when that person doesn't even realize you exist. Remember Anne Dellisanti? There is another song in my life's movie soundtrack that would have to be related to her.

A Perfect Circle released the song '3 Libras' in February of 2001, almost 9 full years after the release of Radiohead's 'Creep'. I was living in Denver at the time, and, when I first heard the song, I instantly thought of Annie.

With lines like "I threw you the obvious", and "You don't see me", repeating over and over, it's clear that that song is about the ultimate form of rejection: being ignored.
That was my situation. From the time that I was 8, until the time I met my wife, I tried and tried, maybe an hundred times, unsuccessfully.

Honestly, I'm glad things happened the way they did. I love my wife. She's beautiful. Even more so than Anne Dellisanti. She's amazing, and more supportive than I ever could have imagined. I am so much in love. More than I ever thought I ever could have been.



And we make some pretty awesome kids:



My wife can't blame me. She has a bit of a girl crush on Annie sometimes too. We're still friends. She came for my daughter's first birthday party. But to chase a girl for 20 years hoping she'll suddenly see the light and fall in love with you...that doesn't even happen in movies. What I have is a fairy tale ending...a dream come true...what you wish for and pray for every night before you go to bed. All those years, I thought I was wishing for Anne Dellisanti, but it was Jessica Jean Hermes all along. Who would have known?

0 comments: