Follow Me

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life Update 10/13/2009

Last night was the first good night of sleep(7 hours) I've had in the last four to five days. Lately, I have either been going to bed at midnight and waking up at 4:15, or going to bed at 2:30 and waking up at 6:30.

Jessi decided to move the bed back to the bedroom from the living room. Our air conditioning unit was too small for this house, so, during the summer months, it would never drop below 85 in the bedroom. Now that it's getting cooler, we thought it was a good idea to give the old switcharoo a try. I must admit, I had a very pleasant, comfortable sleep, and the temperature of the room felt just right.

I have been fighting with my insurance company for them to make a decision on my long term disability status. I made a phone call on Thursday, and thankfully came in contact with a very helpful case manager. We had discovered that the long term process had not even been started for my case. Keep in mind, at that time, my short term disability was due to run out in seven days. He started the ball rolling and was going to get all the paperwork printed. He told me that process took at least 24 hours for their system to do, sometimes 48. Instead of mailing it to me, he was going to email it to me to save time. He said that if, for some reason, the system didn't generate the new claim until Saturday, he would come in on his day off and email it to me personally. He even gave me his direct number. I have spoken to maybe 30 different case managers at MetLife, and not one has given me their direct number. How is that for customer service?

I received the email at 4:45am Friday morning. It has almost 40 pages of attachments. Some to read. Most to fill out. They want everything from a 15 year job history, medication history, doctor history, medical procedure history, a description of my medical issues in my words...26 pages of handwritten documentation to fill out. The local homeowners association offices were kind enough to let me fax the paperwork from their offices at no charge yesterday. Metlife is putting a fast track on the paperwork, so hopefully I'll have a decision within a week. But now it's out of my hands. I have done everything I can. All I can do now is wait.

Side note: Lennon has peed in her "big girl potty" a second time. This time voluntarily. She ran from our room to hers and pointed to her potty. We took off her diaper, she sat down and did her business. She's growing up so fast. :)

0 comments: