Follow Me

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nice Tribute On Google

I was on Google on Friday, October 2nd. It would have been the 140th birthday of Mohandas Gandhi. Instead of their normal graphic, they had the following pic:



I thought it was a very artistic and touching tribute for a man whose influence we need to see more of in the world today. A number of my favorite quotes came from Gandhi: "Be the change you want to see in the world". "Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love". And possibly my favorite, "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind". Now more than ever we need to remember this man. We need to remember what he stood for, what he lived for, and what he ultimately died for.

Gandhi also said, “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” I don't think I could have said it any better myself. Well....lol...I could go on for another hour with a list of examples but I'll let that one speak for itself.

When you leave your house tomorrow, be that change you want to see in the world. Don't expect someone else to do it for you. Your government can't do it. Your significant other can't change the world for you. Money can't change it. It's up to you, my friend. Get your ass in gear and do something about it.

0 comments: