Follow Me

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lady Gaga...The Jury's Still Out

I have to be honest. I am still at a loss when it comes to Lady Gaga. Over the last year I have seen video after video and single after single come out, and I still can't decide whether I like her or not.

She was the musical guest on 'SNL' two weeks ago. I was actually surprised and impressed by her musical ability. She was amazing on the piano and had a SUPERB voice. I just don't get her music. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe SHE IS the future of pop music and I just don't like what I'm hearing. Then again, I don't see what makes the Black Eyed Peas so special. I'm shocked that they broke the record for the highest number of weeks at number one. It actually depresses me that music is headed in that direction.

Anyway, moving back to Lady Gaga...here is my dilemma. At the moment, I really can't stand her music, but, she is a HUGE supporter of the gay and lesbian community. She spoke up to make things clear before signing on to open for the ill-fated Kanye West tour. She spoke at the National Equality March. She has the potential to be the next Madonna for the gay community. I would love to see her have a long career, and not just become the "flavor of the month". Because of that fact alone, I want to learn to like her. I want to buy her CD just to send some money her way to help her and her cause.

On the other side of things, look at her:



Girl's just crazy. This was at the Video Music Awards last month. I know back in her day, Madonna was "revolutionary" when it came to the fashions she wore. She had the ridiculous cone bras. She was over the top. That was 25 years ago. Things have changed obviously, but damn....

So, I'm torn. What do you think? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

0 comments: