Follow Me

Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm Still Here And Still Blogging

Shit has been quite crazy in the last three months. So crazy, in fact, that I haven't even bothered with the blog.

Just to fill in some of the blanks since my last post: My stress test came back showing the possibility of multiple blockages. I was scheduled to have an angiogram. The angiogram came back showing no blockages and a very healthy heart. Spent a lot of time worrying, some time crying. I was afraid that I would go under and would not wake up. The experience gave me a new perspective on life. It made me realize that no matter how bad things get, I'll never kill myself. For the first time in my life, I was afraid to die.

With the increase in medical bills and medication costs, it got to the point where we could no longer afford the 3 bedroom, 1900 square ft. home we were living in. Besides, we're not house people. I refuse to do yard work. 1900 sq. ft. is too much mopping and cleaning. So we moved. The three of us are now sharing a 650 square ft., 1 bedroom apartment. The moving process just finished yesterday, so now starts the process of adjusting and putting everything in it's place. I woke up with a peaceful feeling today for the first time in months.

I am almost through my first semester at school. I had my Reflexology final last Wednesday. I think I aced it. Juggling homework, and studying, and moving, and parenthood has taken it's toll on me in the last couple of weeks, but I am looking forward to being able to focus on one thing at a time. I am also looking forward to having 5-10 minutes a day to write. I miss it.

I need to get back into a routine.

0 comments: