Follow Me

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today, I Became A College Dropout

This afternoon, I signed the paperwork necessary to drop out of school.  It's something I've been debating over the last couple of weeks, and, upon the advice of my doctor, thought it was the best decision to make.  I was only going to class part time, but it was overwhelming.  I have been at such a high stress level over the last week that I can't eat a meal without getting sick.  That's not healthy.  It came to a point where I realized I had to lighten my load, and school was the easiest thing for me to drop.

I may go back in the future.  I don't know.  I do know one thing:  If I go back to school for massage therapy, it will be at a different campus.  I can't imagine having to start all over again with my Professional Development teacher.  He was such an asshole.  He did nothing but single out and degrade students based upon how they dressed, the tattoos and piercings they had, etc.  In Monday night's lecture he said, "Your commitment to help people should be more important than your tattoos and piercings."  He then told us that we should remove any artwork or piercing he found "unprofessional".  The following morning, I went to my local barber and got a mohawk. I couldn't stay in this guy's class until next March.

I liked what I learned, and I was good at it, but between the Tourette's and the PTSD, I'm not able to do this right now.  I haven't been myself for weeks.  I'm stressed out and pissed off all the time, and I am definitely not happy.

As to the future, my future, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I just had my interview for my third level appeal for Social Security.  It may take as long as 16 months to get a thumbs up or thumbs down on that.  The company I have been working with has a 91% benefits approval rate at this level, so odds are in my favor.  My long term disability is still set to expire next October.  If I am forced to go back to work at that time, I don't know if I can handle it or not.  I've been thinking about focusing on this blog and developing a following over the next year.  Hopefully, in another 12 months, I can make a living writing.  Hey, it can happen.

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

(Hi from LSG!)

Too bad his "commitment to helping people" wasn't greater than his need to be rude and judgmental.