Follow Me

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lady Gaga Finally Releases 'Born This Way'

After almost of year of press surrounding it, along with endless self promotion on the part of Gaga herself, we finally get to hear the "gay anthem of the decade" this morning.  'Born This Way' was released on Lady Gaga's site at 6am PST today to the delight of millions worldwide.  Have a listen:



Speaking for myself, I'm somewhat disappointed.  It doesn't live up to the hype.  It sounds like it's heavily influenced by, if not a ripoff of, Madonna's 1989 song 'Express Yourself'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Gaga fan, but this one just doesn't do it for me.  Maybe it will grow on me.  I don't know.  But as it stands right now, I'm not looking forward to hearing this on the radio every 10 minutes for the next six months.

0 comments: