Follow Me

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Walmart "Magazine Censor" Fail

As most of you know, Walmart makes a regular practice of censoring some magazines at their registers, to "protect" younger customers' eyes from viewing more risqué material.  In my experience, Cosmo is most often the victim of the censorship, due to the topics of their articles.  Today, however, I saw the perfect example of how their tactics backfired on them.  Here is a picture of this month's cover of Cosmopolitan magazine:


Nothing really too shocking, right?  Now let's take a look at Walmart's censored, "child safe" version:


Now, until about 1:35 this afternoon, I had never thought of Glee's Lea Michele as "sexy".  Now, thanks to Walmart, I would seriously make out with that Rachel girl from Glee.  Walmart has opened up a whole new world for me.  Thank you, Walmart.

0 comments: