Follow Me

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mash Up Monday - New From Norwegian Recycling

If you have been following my Mash Up Monday posts for a while, it's easy to see that I am a fan of Norwegian Recycling.  Over the last year, my eyes have been opened.  Any talented DJ can mashup two or three songs.  There are very few, in fact, only two that I can think of off the top of my head (Girl Talk and Norwegian Recycling), that can effectively incorporate anywhere from 8 to 15 different tracks and turn them into an original composition.  Norwegian Recycling is the only one that can form a new composition with original lyrics.

I published a post last September, in reference to a mashup entitled 'Miracles', in which the lyrics of 16 songs were sampled together to lyrically form a brand new song.  It was something I had never seen before.  It's a spectacular display of musical knowledge, creativity, and unbridled talent.

I received a wall post on my Facebook page at around noon, today, from Norwegian Recycling, announcing that his first mashup of 2011 had been completed.  It's called 'Open Your Eyes'.  In a nutshell, it's fucking brilliant.  Using Katy Perry's 'Firework' as a background, it takes 11 tracks and combines them into one free flowing four minute masterpiece.  It's very Snow Patrol heavy, and it's very reminiscent of it's 'Miracles' predecessor.  The chorus is, lyrically, a new composition.  Here are a list of the 11 songs that are sampled on the mashup:

1. Katy Perry - Firework 
2. Flo Rida feat. Akon - Who Dat Girl
3. Black Eyed Peas - The Time
4. Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes
5. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
6. Mike Posner - Please Don't Go
7. Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say
8. Usher feat. will.i.am - OMG
9. Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E. - The Way I Are
10. Jay Sean - Do You Remember
11. David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi - Memories


Enjoy.

0 comments: