Follow Me

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mash Up Monday

It takes confidence to tinker with the best.  You have to know that you're good at what you do, to take apart something that most people already consider perfect to begin with.  Most remixes or mashups that you hear are made up of two or three songs that are the standard pop or dance tune that's being played on the radio every three minutes.  When you start messing with The Beatles, it becomes a different matter altogether.

Interestingly, when you go searching for Beatles mashups, the vast majority of them are very good.  They're so good, in fact, that I had a difficult time making a decision as to which one to feature this week.  So, this week I'm featuring a Beatles double header.

The first track is from Electric Method.  It's a mix of Outkast's 'Hey Ya', and The Beatles' 'Paperback Writer'.  It's called 'Paperback Hey Ya'.  Have a listen.



The second of the two songs is from DJ Zebra.  It is a mashup of The Beatles' 'Come Together', and Nine Inch Nails' 'Closer'.  I have actually featured these two songs separately in other posts, but together, they make an interesting mix.  It's called 'Come Closer Together'.



As you can tell from the last few weeks of my 'Mash Up Monday' posts, I have my favorites, whether it be DJs or artists.  I need to branch out more.  Stay tuned.


0 comments: