Follow Me

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Man Attacks Helicopter With Ax, 'Fulfilling Bible Prophecy'?

In "I couldn't make this up if I tried" news, an Australian man was arrested yesterday, after attacking an Army helicopter with an ax at a Queensland airport.  The helicopter, described as a Tiger helicopter, sustained damage after the barrage.


57 year old Bryan Law is currently in custody on charges of willful damage, trespassing and possession of a garden ax and bolt cutters.  He is reportedly part of a group that opposes a joint Australian-U.S. military exercise being conducted in the area.  

In regards to the attack, Law said, "In a new and symbolic way, I was fulfilling the ancient prophecy of Isaiah: 'They will beat their swords into ploughshares; their spears into pruning hooks."

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy didn't involve beating the shit out of a helicopter with an ax.



0 comments: