Follow Me

Saturday, August 13, 2011

If You See Only One Movie This Week....

...watch 'Dear Zachary:  A Letter to a Son About His Father'.



The film is a documentary from first time filmmaker Kurt Kuenne.  I won't tell you anything about the plot of the movie.  In fact, I think you're better off watching it without knowing about it's premise.  I will say that the film is about friendship, family and parenthood.

'Dear Zachary' is gut-wrenchingly raw and emotional.  I cried through most of it.  I must admit, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to movies, but if the film doesn't effect you, you have no heart.  Grab a box of tissues.  On second thought, grab two.

Lately, I've been watching a number of documentaries from my Netflix queue.  I surprised to say that, after a couple of months, Netflix has a pretty good grasp on what I will like and what I won't.  Based upon my previous ratings, Netflix estimated that I would give 'Dear Zachary' a 5.0 rating.  I did.  The film, overall, has averaged a rating of 4.1 out of 361,000 results.  It is easily one of the most powerful and touching films I have seen in quite a long time.

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father, is also available on Amazon, both to purchase and to rent instantly.  It's currently streaming on Netflix.

0 comments: