Follow Me

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"I'm Baaaaack"

...In a limited capacity.  I've had some good news and bad news over the last week.  The good news is that I have a new laptop.  It's a dream compared to my old Vaio.  More memory.  Double the hard drive (and one that works!).  Roughly three times the processing speed.  And it only cost me the equivalent of a month's rent and auto insurance!  JOY!!!!

As I said before, buying a new laptop was only going to be about $150 more than getting it repaired.  You see, that's where Geek Squad fucks you.  Pay over $500 to get a two year old computer operational again, or drop $700 thirty feet to the right and walk out with a new machine.  Out of spite, I purchased this one at Office Max.  Besides, they seemed to have the best deal around.

In other news, my back is seriously FUCKED.  I saw my surgeon last week, and it looks like I have another procedure coming up soon.  When I had my discectomy on June 20th, only the herniated portion of disc was removed.  As they chipped away at the offending portion of disc, new disc material was exposed.

At first, it has the consistency of the center of a Tootsie Roll lollipop.  As time goes by, it becomes more gelatinous.  In my situation, it appears that the new disc material has gone into the space left open by the removal of the old disc.  In other words, I have the same herniation...on the same disc.  It's still cutting off my spinal cord from time to time.

I am in excruciating pain.  I had another epidural on Thursday of last week, but haven't seen any relief as of yet.  In the meantime, I'm trying to get my new machine to resemble something that I'm accustomed to.  Surprisingly, there wasn't much in the way of bloatware (preloaded software) out of the box.  I only had a small handful of card game trials and a couple of internet tool bars to delete.  ITunes is another story, altogether.  It will probably take weeks to get my account to look as crystal clear as it was previously.  Roughly 39,000 songs to reorganize....manually.  Ugh.

In any event, it's going to take me a few days to get back into my groove online.  Please have patience with me.  :)

0 comments: