Follow Me

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Watch President Obama's Speech To The Human Rights Campaign (Video)

Last night, President Obama spoke at the 15th Annual National Dinner of the Human Rights Campaign.  The Human Rights Campaign has been on the front lines of the battle field for LGBT rights in recent years, and the President's comments at last night's dinner were highly anticipated.  The most often asked question leading up to his speech was, "Would he officially endorse marriage equality?".

While I'll discuss the specifics of his speech in greater detail tomorrow, I thought I would post the video of it this evening for those who were interested in watching.  For some reason, the video and audio are out of sync.  I apologize.

Joe Solmonese, the President of the HRC, delivered a wonderful introduction to President Obama.  Obama, for his part, started things off on the right foot by saying,
"I also took a trip out to California last week, where I held some productive, bi-lateral talks with your leader: Lady Gaga.  She was wearing 16 inch heels.  She was eight feet tall!"  

0 comments: