Follow Me

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Well, That Was Short Lived

For those of you that were able to visit 'The Twitch' earlier today, you may have noticed some changes to the site.  Well, it's safe to say that those changes sucked, and it was necessary to immediately return things back to the way they were.

While the new format made things quite attractive, it was a headache.  There was no way to access the blog from a mobile device.  The changes removed all sharing options when it came to individual articles.  There was no way to share a post on Facebook or Google+.  It removed all advertising from my website (which I still haven't figured out how to get back).  It also removed any ability to subscribe to the page's RSS feed.

Those are the problems that I noticed today in a matter of 10 to 15 minutes.  I can't imagine what it looked like on a feed. I don't want to know.

So, I'm going back to what works.  I have made a couple of minor changes in regards to wording on the page.  Other than that, I'm done.  No more tinkering or fiddling around with it.

I promise.

0 comments: