Follow Me

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cool Blog Alert: 'The Day I Became An Atheist'

Over the last year, there have been a number of blogs that have looked at the world from a different perspective. One told the stories of gay and lesbian individuals that knew as children of their sexual orientation.  Another proved that your parents were pretty cool before you came along.

A new website has debuted this week in the same vein, but with a decidedly more serious tone.  From author Kyria Abrahams comes 'The Day I Became an Atheist'.  I must admit, it's a compelling read.

The blog is comprised primarily of reader submissions.  So far, the majority of them are rather heartbreaking.  I encourage you to read the riveting, powerful, and often times, emotional stories from people all over the world.  Kyria's post for example:

“My ex-boyfriend assaulted me by slamming a balled fist into either side of my head. He could have killed me, but thankfully, all I got was a lousy concussion. I lost two jobs and was left with thousands of dollars in legal and hospital bills. I was also unable to say goodbye to my dying father. The people around me said everything happens for a reason and I just didn’t see God’s plan. Apparently God’s plan was for my ex to get away with it. One year later, and I challenge anyone to find a single Godly thing that came out of that incident.”
If you would like to contribute your own story for the blog, you can submit it through the blog directly, or email Kyria at kyriaabrahams@gmail.com.  We would all like to hear it.  Kyria's latest book is called I'm Perfect, You're Doomed: Tales from a Jehovah's Witness Upbringing.  You can purchase it on Amazon by clicking on the link above.

0 comments: