Follow Me

Saturday, September 10, 2011

It Has Been An Wonderful Two Years. Thank You.

Note:  Please forgive me.  I have a lot on my mind.  This may not be the most well written article, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Tomorrow will be the start of the third year of "The Twitch".  I started the blog as a way to vent my frustrations. It was a journal of sorts.  A hobby that didn't involve shooting zombies.

The following two years have been nothing short of amazing.  The more I wrote, the more I started to become a writer.  To look back at some of the dribble that was typed out in the early days is embarrassing.  Please don't read the archives.  LOL.  The entire theme of my website has changed over time.  Looking at my page today, you would have no idea that I started by discussing my issues with Tourette's and PTSD.

I have taken a more active role in politics.  I have also stepped up, and become somewhat of an activist on LGBT issues, especially those that effect the bisexual community.  I even came out on this page.  More than anything, this page has become an outlet for me to discuss my religious upbringing, and the consequences that followed because of it.  I don't know where my mind would be without having this outlet.

Since September 2009, some posts have been more popular than others.  Believe it or not, a story about "Zombie Boy" Rick Genest, the tattooed gentleman in Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' video, is the most popular thus far.  Though the article was written in March of this year, it is responsible for almost 25% of all traffic to the website, since it's launch two years ago.  Six months after it's debut, it is still viewed six times for every click that the next most popular story receives each day.  Insane.

It was around that time that things really started to take off for "The Twitch".  In fact, 82% of my total site views have been since March 1st, and the page has 30 times the monthly views that it did at the beginning of the year.  This is no longer a hobby.  It is a profession.  I tell people that I am a blogger.

That's the reason why you may have noticed some changes to the page recently.  "The Daily Twitch", while a catchy title, was already taken as a URL.  Turns out, there is an advertising blog of the same name in Australia.  So, after 18+ months, it was time for a change.  "The Twitch Online" was born.  There may be a number of additional, minor changes coming soon in the way of layout.

I want to thank everyone for reading my page.  For getting a laugh every now and then.  For those that take time to comment.  Those who share my articles on Facebook and Twitter.

I would like to thank a few of the readers that have followed me early on (Those whose names I know, at least.)  Casey, Rachel and Melissa, thank you for sticking with me through some really shitty posts.  LOL.  To my subscribers, thank you for waking up with me.  Sometimes, I don't know what any of you see in this website, but it's nice to know that you see something worthwhile.

Here's to another fantastic year.

2 comments:

Anonyvox said...

*tips hat* Thank you for being out there, Adam.

Rachel said...

I just wanted to say:

1. I hope the surgery goes well, what a great opportunity to get it done earlier and closer!

2. I don't always comment, but I read every entry and I'm so glad you are out there. I rely on you to keep me up on the latest political stuff and I love your posts about yourself. I am so glad you are out there!

Thank you Adam!